[Pre-order Tinners' Trail Base Game - estimated to be shipped with Kickstarter backers in Q2-Q3 2021. Photos shown of early prototype, final production subject to some changes]
This pre-order is for sales in UK, USA, Australia and Western EU ONLY.
UK, Australia & Western EU will be customs friendly.
TINNERS' TRAIL BASE GAME + Limited edition KS free promo pack
(Includes solo mode. Does not include expanded edition expansions)
Also includes KS promo pack for free (usually RRP of £5.99)
1-5 players / 90 minutes / Age 14+
Tinners' Trail is a thematic Euro game set in 19th century Cornwall. This new edition of Tinners' Trail is a reprint of the critically acclaimed 2008 game by Martin Wallace, which has been redeveloped and upgraded in partnership with Alley Cat Games as well as including an increased player count, solo mode and 2 brand new expansions.
You play as a mining conglomerate at the height of the tin and copper mining industry. You must buy plots of land across Cornwall in auctions and survey them for tin and copper, always managing your 'work points' and money effectively.
Once you have a mine in place, it's time to extract the ore, and make a profit(!) but the deeper your mine goes the more expensive the process gets. You'll have the opportunity to improve your mines with infrastructure like ports, train stations, and adits (drainage tunnels), but there's only so many improvements to go around.
Can you outplay the competition and make the most money or will you be left without two shillings to rub together?
What's changed since 2008?
- Increased player count - a game that was once only 3-4 players can now be enjoyed by 1-5 players!
- Reduced randomness - but still keeping the variability. The board is now set up with tiles instead of the roll of a the dice.
- Improved Auctions - dual-use cards are now an important part of the game, giving you information before an auction or an extra boost after an auction.
- Improved artwork and graphic design - with artwork by Ossi Heikkla (Flamme Rouge) and artwork and graphic design by Javier 'Inkgolem' Gonzáles (Cooper Island).
- Improved component quality - with custom meeples and colour blind friendly colours.
- Lord Wallace solo mode - a brand new solo mode from our solo mode expert, David Digby, designer of the Chocolate Factory solo mode.
Lord Wallace Solo Mode
The solo mode plays just like the 2 player game, but the actions of your opponent are determined by a deck of solo cards.Every time it's Lord Wallace's turn (decided by the work track like normal) you'll flip a card and look at the round number and Lord Wallace's work marker position to find the action that Lord Wallace will perform. Sometimes there will be two options, and Lord Wallace will decide which option to take depending on the price of copper.The solo mode plays just like the 2 player game, but the actions of your opponent are determined by a deck of solo cards.
Every time it's Lord Wallace's turn (decided by the work track like normal) you'll flip a card and look at the round number and Lord Wallace's work marker position to find the action that Lord Wallace will perform. Sometimes there will be two options, and Lord Wallace will decide which option to take depending on the price of copper.